Friday, February 10, 2017

Can't Stop the Feeling!

Hi Wildcats!

         We wrapped up our hockey unit and moved onto our basketball unit; BUT before starting basketball, we learned a new dance to the song Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake.  It was a blast! I don't think I've ever had so much fun teaching a dance!

         In the past, I have used more typical PE dances (ie macarena, chicken dance, hand jive, etc). Using a popular new song really seemed to motivate these Wildcats to get moving. We learned it K-5 which was a pretty grand endeavor for our Kindergartners, but they did great!

         I wanted to post a video of the Wildcats performing the dance. At the last minute on Thursday morning, I invited all the classes down to the gym to dance during morning recess. We had over 150 students show up to the gym! I was blown away! All that to say, I didn't get a video 😊 However, after such a great turnout, I am wanting to open up the gym during rainy day recesses in the future to offer some extra physical activity for our Wildcats.

         Dancing is a great way to get some exercise, especially on a rainy day. Try dancing with your kids at home - all you have to do is move your body. I used to feel incredibly uncomfortable dancing! It is an acquired comfort for some people...the earlier, the better 😊 Dance it out, Wildcats! I will hopefully post a video of the dance very shortly, and your Wildcat can teach you the dance!

Have a great weekend!

Miss Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment